I wanted to try something different here, so I used turkey instead of chicken. If you have some leftover turkey from a mid-winter feast, why not turn it into sushi?
|2 cups||Panko breadcrumbs|
|1||Turkey breast, approximately the size of 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1cm strips (Main)|
|4 cups||Sushi rice, 2x brown, 2x white, cooked (Main)|
|1||Apple, cored and sliced|
|¼ cup||Almonds, tamari style, crushed|
|16||Endive, leaves, torn in half|
|1||Grapefruit, red, cut into segments and diced with seeds removed|
- Beat egg whites and water together in a bowl.
- Season panko breadcrumbs with salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Dip turkey strips into egg-white mixture, then into seasoned panko crumbs.
- Heat a frying pan and add a little oil. Pan-fry strips until golden.
- Lay nori sheet on a sushi mat shiny side down. Press sushi rice firmly and evenly over rough side of sheet.
- Place a quarter of the filling ingredients (turkey katsu, apple, almonds and endive) in a strip in the middle and roll up. Repeat with remaining nori sheets and filling.
- Slice each roll into eight pieces. Spoon grapefruit over the top.