|2 cups||Chicken stock|
|850 g||Turkey breasts (Main)|
|1 Tbsp||Lemon juice|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh sage|
|120 g||Salad greens|
Red wine dressing
|¼ cup||Red wine vinegar|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Thaw turkey roast. Place turkey roast or breast and one cup of hot chicken stock in a saucepan.
- Cover and simmer for 40 minutes. Add second cup of hot stock and continue cooking for 50 minutes.
- Remove turkey from saucepan and allow to cool. Wrap turkey in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Wash celery and trim. Slice finely. Peel avocados, remove stones and cut flesh into cubes. Place celery and avocado in a bowl. Drizzle over lemon juice.
- Remove seeds from melon. Peel and cut into 2cm chunks. Cut bread into small cubes. Crush garlic, then peel and chop roughly.
- Place bread, garlic, sage and butter in a small baking dish. Bake at 200 degC for 10 minutes, turning often until golden.
- Slice turkey breast. Place mixed salad greens on a serving platter with turkey, celery, avocados, rock melon and croutons. Drizzle over dressing.
- Mix red wine vinegar, honey, oil, salt and pepper together.