Many of us choose to serve chicken at Christmas time, finding it more accessible and manageable than turkey. For a festive roast chicken with a Pacific Island twist, try this delicious stuffing.
|2 cups||Long grain rice|
|400 ml||Coconut milk|
|1 ½ cups||Chicken stock|
|1||Onion, finely chopped|
|1 clove||Garlic, finely chopped|
|2||Bacon rashers, chopped|
|½ cup||Macadamia nuts, roughly chopped|
|¼ cup||Dried mangos, chopped|
|¼ cup||Coriander, chopped|
|1||Chicken, size 16 (Main)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Rinse the rice under cold water until water runs clear. Place the rice in a saucepan with the coconut milk and chicken stock. Bring to the boil and then cover and simmer for 12 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a frying pan and gently cook onion, garlic and bacon until onion is soft.
- Mix together the rice, onion, garlic, bacon, macadamia nuts, mango and coriander. Season with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the chicken inside and out and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Stuff the chicken with the rice mixture, then secure with string.
- Rub remaining 1 Tbsp oil over the skin and dust with salt and pepper. Cook for 1.5 hours, turning twice during cooking.