|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|400 g||Beef mince (Main)|
|400 g||Chopped tomatoes|
|2 Tbsp||Tomato paste|
|1 Tbsp||Fresh oregano|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1 to drizzle||Olive oil|
|6 sheets||Filo pastry|
|2 Tbsp||Sesame seeds|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat a saucepan, add olive oil and diced onion and mince (lamb or beef).
- Cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes until onion is softened and the mince browned.
- Add chopped garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add tomatoes as well as any juice and tomato paste and cook over a medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes until liquid is reduced and sauce thickened.
- Stir in oregano and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set mixture aside to cool completely.
- Heat oven to 200°C. Working quickly, spray one sheet of filo lightly with oil. Place a second sheet on top, spray with oil (to drizzle) and place a third sheet on top.
- Cut filo in half to make two squares. Repeat with remaining sheets of filo so that you have four squares of three layers each.
- Divide mince mixture and place a portion in the centre of each filo square. Bring the corners of one square together and twist in the centre to secure the filling.
- Repeat with remaining squares to form four parcels.
- Place parcels on a baking tray. Lightly spray with oil and scatter with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown all over.