|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh oregano|
|285 g||Capsicums, store bought roasted (Main)|
|800 g||Chopped tomatoes (Main)|
|3 tsp||Caster sugar|
|3 cups||Chicken stock|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|8 slices||Sourdough bread|
|150 g||Goat's milk cheese|
|2 to drizzle||Olive oil|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 220 deg C. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped garlic clove, 2 tbs oregano leaves and chopped onion and cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Add the capsicum, chopped tomato, caster sugar, chicken or vegetable stock, store bought grated horseradish, salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Remove from heat and blend with a hand-held blender until smooth.
- Spread the sourdough baguette slices with the cheese, top with extra oregano (approx. 8 sprigs) and drizzle with extra olive oil.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 3-5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Serve with the soup.