|3 cups||Chicken stock|
|1 can||Canned tomatoes (Main)|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|2 cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|1||Onion, peeled and finely diced|
|1 ½ cups||Risotto rice|
|½ cup||Parmesan cheese, grated|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat stock, tomatoes and their juice together in a saucepan. Heat a large heavy-based pan, add oil, garlic and onion and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Add rice and stir for 2 minutes to toast but not brown. Add one ladle full of hot stock and stir well.
- When the rice has absorbed the liquid, add another ladle of stock.
- Continue to stir and keep adding hot liquid until it is all absorbed.
- After 15-20 minutes the rice should be al dente and creamy.
- Stir in anchovies and parmesan and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover pan and leave to steam for 5 minutes. Serve with extra parmesan if desired.