Toast – a food group in itself. Such a versatile snack or quick meal. If you’re gluten intolerant you don’t need to miss out, there are plenty of gluten-free options or paleo type breads available too now. I’ve got a classic combo going on with roasted baby beets and goats cheese. Of course, I’ve added a few tips and a little five per cent magic to take these toasts to the next level.
|4||Baby beetroots (Main)|
|4 slices||Sourdough bread (Main)|
|2 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|2 cloves||Garlic, peeled|
|100 g||Soft goat's cheese, chevre (Main)|
|2 Tbsp||Thyme leaves (Main)|
|2 Tbsp||Runny honey|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place the baby beets in a small roasting pan and cook until soft, let them cool then slice in ½ cm slices, set aside.
- Brush the sourdough with olive oil and grill on a griddle pan.
- Take the garlic cloves and rub the tops of the toasts with them.
- Smear a thick layer of goat's cheese over each toast.
- Chop the thyme leaves making sure they're super fine and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Arrange the beetroot slices over the cheese and thyme, place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and heat through till just warm.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle a little more thyme over the top of each.
See more ofSimon's toast recipes here