Gloriously smooth and decadent, this passionfruit and pear tiramisu is a perfect autumn dessert. The pear is roasted in cinnamon and lemon, then served with creamy mascarpone. Make ahead of time to allow for the flavours to fully develop.
|3||Pears, quartered and cored (Main)|
|1 Tbsp||Sugar, for baking pears|
|2||Free-range egg yolks|
|¼ cup||Sugar, for tiramisu|
|200 g||Mascarpone (Main)|
|2||Passionfruit, pulped for tiramisu plus extra to drizzle over to serve (Main)|
|½ cup||Cointreau (Main)|
|½||Lemons, juiced plus ¼ cup water|
|12||Sponge fingers (Main)|
|¼ cup||Chopped mint|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat an oven to 170C.
- On to a baking tray lined with paper, place the pears, lemon, cinnamon and sugar. Toss to combine then bake for 15 minutes until soft. Remove and cool.
- Beat the egg yolks and second quantity of sugar until light and creamy. Add the mascarpone and pulp, mixing well.
- Combine the Cointreau, lemon and water in a flat dish.
- Dip the sponge fingers into the Cointreau mix and lay into six small or one large bowl. Top with mascarpone. Continue to layer, finishing with mascarpone. Refrigerate until needed.
- Before serving top with pears, extra passionfruit and mint.