This mix makes 650g of dough, which we formed into 50g biscuits. This recipes takes 40 minutes.
|250 g||Butter, softened|
|⅓ cup||Caster sugar|
|1 cup||Desiccated coconut|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|1 ½ cups||Flour|
|2 Tbsp||Cocoa powder|
|1 ½ cups||Cornflakes|
|1 Tbsp||Cocoa powder (Main)|
|2 cups||Icing sugar|
|1 Tbsp||Butter, softened|
|3 Tbsp||Water, boiling|
|¼ tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the coconut and vanilla essence.
- Sift the four and cocoa and add to the bowl. Mix well and add the cornflakes. Lightly blend.
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture on a lightly greased baking tray, allowing room for them to spread.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool then spread with chocolate icing.
- For the icing, sift sugar and cocoa into a bowl. Add butter, then water and vanilla. Beat to a spreadable consistency. Once iced, top biscuits with a walnut half.