|1 Tbsp||fish sauce|
|2||garlic cloves, crushed|
|1 Tbsp||ginger, grated|
|1½ cups||jasmine rice|
|1-2 Tbsp||Thai red curry paste, depending on the brand you use|
|250g||bok choy, ends removed and leaves separated|
|To cook||coconut oil|
|1 cup||coriander, roughly chopped|
|⅓ cup||cashews, roasted and roughly chopped|
|1||red chilli, finely sliced|
- 1. Add the pork mince, fish sauce, tamari, garlic and ginger into a mixing bowl and mix well until combined. Roll them into small golf ball-sized meatballs.
- 2. Heat about 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook for a couple of minutes on each side until nicely browned. Remove and set aside.
- 3. Cook the rice as per packet instructions.
- 4. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to the pan, add the curry paste and cook for a couple of minutes until fragrant. Add the coconut cream and cook over medium heat for a few minutes so the coconut cream can reduce slightly.
- 5. Add the meatballs into the pan with the coconut cream and simmer in the sauce with the lid on for 3-4 minutes. Add the bok choy, then pop the lid back on and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 6. Divide the rice between four bowls, top with the meatballs, bok choy and pour over the fragrant curry sauce. Garnish with the coriander, cashews, chilli and a squeeze of lime juice.
Laura Bedwell and Nikki Crerar run Assortment, a weekly menu planning service. Catch them on Instagram @assortment___ or head to assortmentfoods.com for more.