These burritos will become a family favourite. For a change, swap the beef for chicken or pork and add a few more vegetables, such as grated carrot, avocado and zucchini to boost your five-plus a day.
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|2||Beef steaks, use sirloin, scotch or eye fillet, sliced into strips (Main)|
|1 clove||Garlic, crushed|
|2||Corn cobs, kernels sliced from the cob (Main)|
|1||Red capsicum, cut into strips|
|1||Red onion, halved and sliced|
|1 can||Red kidney beans, drained|
|1 Tbsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|½ cup||Barbecue sauce, homemade or tomato pasta sauce|
|8||Tortilla wraps (Main)|
|3 cups||Lettuce, shredded|
|1 pottle||Sour cream|
|1 bottle||Sweet chilli sauce, for serving|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a large frying pan. Add the beef and garlic and cook quickly until coloured and just cooked. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the same pan and saute corn, red onion and capsicum for 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Add beans and sauces, and simmer for 2 minutes. Return beef to the pan and mix through.
- If you like, warm the wraps. Arrange the shredded lettuce down the middle.
- Divide the corn and beef mixture between the burrito wraps and fold in the bottom and sides to form a parcel.
- Serve with sour cream and sweet chilli sauce.