|150 g||Butter, softened|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|¼ tsp||Almond essence|
|1 ½ cups||Flour|
|¼ cup||Sliced almonds, toasted (Main)|
|¼ cup||Caster sugar|
|250 g||Sour cream|
|1||Egg, yolk only|
|3 cups||Fresh mixed berries, plus extra for garnish (Main)|
|1 to serve||Whipped cream, or yoghurt|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line a 28cm x 18cm tin with baking paper.
- For the base: Place butter, sugar and essence in a bowl.
- Beat until light and creamy. Fold in the flour and almonds. Press evenly into the tin.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes until lightly browned. Remove and allow to cool.
- For the filling: Place the eggs, yolk, sugar and sour cream in a blender. Whizz until smooth. Pour over the cooked base.
- Gently sprinkle the berries over. Place back in the oven for 35 minutes, until the centre is set. Remove and leave to cool in the tin.
- Cut into pieces and serve with cream or yoghurt and extra berries.