Always Southern-style chicken as opposed to deep-frying. You don’t have to throw everything into a pool of oil! You can get an equally as good a product just by baking them in the oven. Serve with red cabbage wedges, carrot peels and sliced red onions.
For the crumb
|1 tsp||Vegetable oil|
|½ tsp||Dried oregano|
|½ tsp||Parsley, dried|
|½ tsp||Rosemary, dried|
|½ tsp||Mustard powder|
|½ tsp||White pepper|
|½ tsp||Smoked paprika|
|½ tsp||Ground ginger|
|½ tsp||Garlic powder|
|1 cup||Panko breadcrumbs|
For the chicken
|8||Chicken wings, cooked in lightly salted water (Main)|
- For the crumbs, combine all the ingredients and set aside for crumbing.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Crack open the cooked chicken wings to make the crumbing easier.
- Whisk the eggs and combine with the water. Run the wings through and then run it in the crumbs.
- Repeat the process so the wings are well covered.
- Place onto an oven tray and spray lightly with oil. Cook for 10 minutes or until the wings start to colour.