|3 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|600 g||Floury potatoes (Main)|
|100 g||Smoked salmon (Main)|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|¼ cup||Low-fat sour cream|
|3 Tbsp||Fresh chives|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Cook floury potatoes whole in boiling, salted water until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, remove skins and discard. Cut potatoes into coarse chunks.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan, add olive oil and then potato chunks and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, tossing regularly until golden brown and crisp all over.
- Add chopped spring onions, season with salt and pepper and toss well. Divide mixture between four serving plates or ramekins.
- Top with smoked salmon, a spoonful of sour cream and a sprinkling of chives or parsley. Serve with lemon wedges on the side, if desired.
Tip:Boiling potatoes with their skins on stops the spuds absorbing extra water and makes for a drier cooked potato, which will be crispier when pan-fried.