If you love blue cheese, this is the ultimate sandwich for you! But for those who aren’t fans of the strong flavour, swap the blue for brie or another soft variety.
|100 g||Cream cheese, softened|
|100 g||Blue cheese, creamy, plus extra for the filling (Main)|
|2||Pears, sliced (Main)|
|1 Tbsp||Maple syrup|
|1||Turkish bread, flat bread, large or ciabatta loaf|
|6 slices||Pastrami, up to 8, or smoky ham (Main)|
|1 handful||Rocket, or mesclun leaves|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Mash the cheeses together.
- Slice and core the pears, then saute in the butter and syrup until caramelised and tender.
- Cut the loaf horizontally, leaving it attached at the back like a hinge.
- Spread the top and bottom of the inside loaf with the cheese mixture and layer with warm pear slices, pastrami and rocket.
- Season well then sandwich together. Skewer if required.
- Tip: The seared pears give it a light sweetness.
- Cover the whole sandwich and slice to order, or cut into portions and wrap individually for a picnic.