Making truffles normally involves messy rolling of balls, but pouring the mix into a tray makes this one of the easiest techniques ever. These dark chocolate treats are served small for a reason! Store in an airtight container.
|600 g||Dark chocolate, chopped (Main)|
|2 tsp||Pure vanilla extract|
|5 tsp||Flaky sea salt|
|2 Tbsp||Pistachio nuts, chopped (Main)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Bring cream to the boil in a small saucepan.
- Put chocolate in a bowl and pour the cream over.
- Place chocolate bowl over a pot of gently simmering water and stir the chocolate with a metal spoon until smooth.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla and stir through 2 tsp of the sea salt flakes and pour into a lightly greased 20x 30cm swiss roll tin, lined with baking paper that is longer than the tin to make removal easier. Place in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Lift the truffle mix carefully out of the tin. Allow to come to room temperature. To cut, use a knife dipped into very hot water, wipe knife dry then cut into small rectangles. Garnish with the remaining sea salt flakes and pistachios.