This meatloaf is super tasty. The filling helps the home cook make the meat go so much further and it is great reheated on the second day.
|500 g||Mince (Main)|
|2 tsp||Dry mixed herbs|
|1 Tbsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|2 Tbsp||Tomato sauce|
|2 Tbsp||Spring onions|
|1 ½ cups||Kumara|
|½ cup||Grated cheese|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- In a bowl, mix the first seven ingredients together thoroughly.
- Cut a piece of tinfoil 30 x 40cm and lightly sprinkle with flour.
- Turn the meat mixture onto this, spread and press the mixture about 1cm thick and over a 20 x 30cm area.
- Mix the cold,cooked mashed kumara with finely chopped spring onion and grated cheese. Spread over meat to within 1cm of the edge.
- Roll up like a sponge, using the foil to encase the roll.
- Place in a shallow baking dish and bake at 180 degC for 45 minutes.
Cook's tip:The original recipe called for mashed potato. We changed it to kumara, but any root vegetable mash will do. We also added herbs, onion and Worcestershire sauce for extra flavour. If you have fresh herbs such as thyme and parsley, use those instead of the dried.