|½ cup||Sago (Main)|
|½ cup||Sugar (Main)|
|½ cup||Coconut cream|
|1||Rock melon (Main)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
To prepare the sago:
- Bring the water to the boil, add the salt and rain in the sago. Boil for 12 minutes, then turn off the heat, cover the saucepan and leave for another 10-20 minutes to complete the cooking.
- Next, pour cold water over the sago in the saucepan. Stir with a wooden spoon until the sago loosens, then strain through a fine sieve, discarding the liquid.
- Transfer the sago to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
To prepare the syrup:
- Put the sugar and water into a small saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer for 1 minute. Pour the syrup into a small jug or bowl and set aside until ready to serve.
- Up to an hour before serving, add the sugar syrup and coconut cream to the sago and stir with a fork, or use a potato masher to loosen the mixture.
To prepare the finish:
- Cut off the rind of rocklemon, scooping out the seeds and cutting the flesh into small dice. Add to the sago mixture. Chill until ready to serve. Serve in small bowls.