|¼ cup||Olive oil, plus 2 tbsp for dressing|
|1 cup||Orzo, pasta|
|1 tsp||Cajun spice, or all-purpose seasoning|
|1||Red onion, cut into wedges|
|2||Garlic cloves, sliced|
|2||Capsicums, (peppers) deseeded and diced|
|1||Eggplant, small, chunky dice|
|¼||Cauliflower, cut into florets|
|¼||Broccoli, cut into florets (Main)|
|2 Tbsp||Lemon juice|
|2 Tbsp||Seeds, (pumpkin, sesame, sunflower, almonds, etc)|
|50 g||Feta, crumbled|
|1 to garnish||Fresh parsley|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Cook pasta as per the packet instructions, drain and set aside.
- Toss the cut vegetables in the oil and season.
- Arrange in a single layer on a lined baking tray and roast for 20 minutes until caramelised and tender.
- Combine the veges and the orzo. Dress with lemon juice combined with olive oil.
- Serve in bowls, topped with crumbled feta, nuts and seeds, and parsley.
Tip: If the orzo sticks together, just refresh under warm water or toss with a tablespoon of oil – this will separate the grains.