|1||Capsicum, red; halved, cored, deseeded, sliced 3cm thick|
|1||Eggplant, sliced into 1cm thick rounds|
|3||Zucchini, thinly sliced lengthways (Main)|
|450 g||Pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, sliced 1cm thick (Main)|
|3 cloves||Garlic, roughly chopped|
|¼ tsp||Fennel seeds|
|5 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|300 g||Raw prawn cutlets, I used frozen Australian prawns from Mooloolaba (Main)|
|½ cup||Mayonnaise, I used Best Foods|
|2 Tbsp||Chilli sauce, thick, I used Lee Kum Kee Chilli Garlic sauce|
|6||Sesame buns, fresh|
|1 large handful||Rocket leaves|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat the oven to 220C. Line a large, shallow baking tray with baking paper.
- Put the capsicum, eggplant, zucchini, pumpkin, 2 of the garlic cloves and the fennel seeds on the paper lined tray. Add 3 Tbsp of the oil. Season lightly with salt. Mix everything well with your hands until the oil is evenly distributed. Spread the vegetables out and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are slightly shrivelled, browned and tender. Remove from the oven.
- When the vegetables are almost ready, heat a frying pan over high heat and add the remaining 2 Tbsp of oil, the remaining clove of garlic and the prawns. Stir-fry until the prawns are lightly browned and just cooked through. Remove from the heat.
- Put the mayonnaise and chilli sauce into a small bowl and mix well.
- Cut the buns in half through their equators and place the bottom halves side by side on a clean board. Spread the mayonnaise lightly over the bottoms of the buns and place some rocket leaves on top.
- Place a mix of the roasted vegetables on the rocket, the prawns on top and a small spoonful of the mayonnaise on the prawns.
- Place the top halves of the buns on top and serve.