|4||Plums, pineapple, figs, bananas and apples also work (Main)|
|½ cup||Liquid honey|
|1 cup||Apple juice, or sweet wine|
|4||Cloves, up to 6|
|2||Star anise, or 3|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line a roasting tray with baking paper.
- Cut the fruits in half or larger pieces into quarters and remove any stones or cores.
- In a large bowl, toss the fruits together with the honey, ginger and juice or wine, then arrange in a single layer in the prepared tray.
- Nestle in the cinnamon, cloves and star anise around the halves.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes until the fruits are tender and golden and just starting to caramelise.
- Serve warm with ice cream, natural yoghurt or custard.