|1 Tbsp||Dried oregano, wild|
|3 large||Garlic cloves, finely chopped|
|7 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|½||Preserved lemons, peel only, finely diced|
|8||Skinless chicken thighs, free-range, boned (Main)|
|4||Zucchini, about 500g, sliced on the diagonal 3cm thick (Main)|
|3||Oranges, peeled with a sharp knife so there is no pith|
|1 medium||Red onion, thinly sliced|
|12||Kalamata olives, pitted|
|2 Tbsp||Red wine vinegar|
|1 small handful||Mint leaves|
|4 servings||Long grain rice, steamed|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat the oven to 220C. Line a large shallow oven tray with baking paper.
- Put the oregano, garlic and 4 tablespoons of the oil in a large mixing bowl and mix well. Add the chicken and zucchini and mix well to coat evenly. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix again.
- Place on the papered tray and spread out so the chicken and zucchini pieces are side by side in one layer. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and browned and the zucchini tender.
- Meanwhile, place the orange slices on a serving platter, just overlapping, and put the onion and olives on top.
- Mix the remaining 3 tablespoons of the oil and the vinegar together. Taste and season. Drizzle this evenly over the orange, onion and olives. Sprinkle the mint on top.
- Serve the chicken and zucchini with the orange salad with rice on the side.