|1 sheet||Flaky puff pastry (Main)|
|1 to taste||Chives|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|4||Tomatoes on the vine|
|1 cup||Fresh basil|
|2 Tbsp||Red pepper pesto|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Line the base and sides of a 23cm square tart tin with pastry. Prick over the base with a fork and chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 200 degC for 15 minutes or until cooked and golden. Peel red onions and cut into 2cm-thick slices.
- Wash tomatoes and cut into 2cm-thick slices. Place red onions and tomatoes in a baking dish.
- Drizzle over olive oil. Bake at 220 degrees C for 20 minutes. Wash vine tomatoes and add to baking dish.
- Cook until tomatoes start to split and wrinkle. Spread pesto over pastry base.
- Arrange onion and tomato slices over pesto with vine tomatoes and basil leaves on top.