This turkey dish is perfect for Christmas, and for around $40 will provide plenty for eight people.
|2||Onions, finey diced|
|2 sprigs||Fresh rosemary, or dried|
|1 kg||Turkey breast, boneless (Main)|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
Sausage meat seasoning
|1||Onion, finely chopped|
|500 g||Sausage meat (Main)|
|¼ cup||Fresh sage, or dried|
|2 Tbsp||Tomato sauce|
|½ ||Lemons, zest|
|½ tsp||Cracked black pepper|
|1||Apple, grated (Main)|
- Preheat the oven to 170 degC.
- Place the onion and rosemary in a roasting pan, then put the turkey on top, skin side down. Season the breast and dust the top with flour.
- Using wet hands, pat the sausage meat seasoning all over the top of the turkey, creating an evenly sized, breast-like shape.
- Add the water to the dish, then cover it with tin foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the tin foil, scatter the breadcrumbs over the sausage meat and return the dish, uncovered, to the oven for 30 minutes, or until the juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into the centre of the turkey.
- When the meat is cooked, remove the pan from the oven and cover loosely with foil to keep the turkey warm.
- Pour the onion and juices into a small saucepan, add the cornflour and liquidise the mixture with a stick blender (or in a liquidiser) to make a smooth sauce.
- Return the sauce to the heat and bring to a gentle simmer before tasting and seasoning.
- Serve with the turkey and your favourite roasted and green vegetables.
- Sausage meat seasoning: Combine all of the ingredients together in a bowl and refrigerate until needed.