Finding a good bran muffin is difficult these days. That’s why it’s best to make your own. Made with raspberries from the freezer, these muffins are at their best straight from the oven when they are sticky and warm. Rest them for 10 minutes, as this makes removing them from the tin easier, and serve with fresh butter. I like to freeze the extras to keep on hand for school lunches or for when you want a sweet fix.
|2 cups||Bran (Main)|
|1 cup||Self raising flour|
|¾ cup||Raw sugar|
|¼ cup||Golden syrup|
|½ tsp||Baking soda|
|1 ½ cups||Frozen raspberries (Main)|
|1 Tbsp||Raw sugar, to sprinkle on top|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Set oven to 180C. Grease a muffin tray lightly.
- In a medium-size bowl put the bran, flour and sugar.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup. Then add the milk, egg and baking soda. Pour into the flour mixture and combine with just a few stirs.
- Mix the raspberries through gently. Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin tin. Sprinkle a little extra sugar on each.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes, or until just cooked. Cool in the tin before removing.
- Serve warm with butter.