Slightly unusual combo this one, but the sweetness of the peas keeps the saltiness of the white anchovy in check.
|1 to brush||Oil|
|1 loaf||Ciabatta bread|
|1 serving||Chicken stock, For every cup of peas add 1/3 cup of stock|
|1 handful||White anchovies|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Slice some ciabatta and brush with olive oil. Grill until crisp around the edges.
- Splash a little oil in a large saucepan and place on a medium/low heat.
- Sweat (cook without browning) shallots in the oil for 10 minutes until tender then add some peas and chicken stock. (For every cup of peas add?cup of stock.)
- Simmer for 5 minutes until peas are tender and stock has reduced by half.
- Remove from heat, add a dash of cream and blitz with a wand blender or food processor until a coarse puree is formed. Season to taste.
- Spread pea puree thick on toast, top with a white anchovy and a little of the oil then finish with a grind of black pepper.