|2 tsp||Ground cumin|
|1 to taste||Salt|
|½ cup||Natural yoghurt|
|2 cloves||Crushed garlic|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Add oil to a frying pan and cook peeled and finely chopped onion until soft. Stir in ground cumin, paprika and 1/2 cup finely chopped roasted walnuts.
- Meanwhile bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Cook peeled and roughly chopped pumpkin and kumara pieces until soft. Drain well. Cool. Wash and combine with onion mixture.
- Measure half cups of mixture and form into patties. Dip patties into lightly beaten egg and then in breadcrumbs. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place on a greased baking tray and grill on each side until golden.
- Mix natural yoghurt, crushed garlic and 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts together and season to taste with salt. Top patties with yoghurt dressing and your favourite chutney.