For these prosciutto and cheesy rolls, cook the asparagus well so it’s soft but hasn’t lost its vibrant green colour. These rolls must be served hot while the cheese is oozy.
|2 cups||Cheddar cheese, grated|
|½ tsp||Wholegrain mustard|
|1 sprinkle||Black pepper|
|8||Asparagus spears, cooked (Main)|
|8 slices||Prosciutto (Main)|
|2 Tbsp||Butter, softened|
|8 slices||Sandwich bread, crust removed|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat an oven to 180. Place a cooling rack over a baking tray.
- In a medium bowl combine cheese, mayonnaise, mustard and pepper.
- Wrap each piece of asparagus with a pieceof prosciutto.
- Butter one side of the bread, then turn over. On the other side spread some of the cheese mixture. Place a piece of asparagus on the diagonal. Roll corner to corner and secure with a toothpick.
- Place rolls on rack and bake for 15 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Serve hot or warm.