1 cake recipe of choice Cornflour, for dusting 750g white fondant icing (available from supermarkets) Red food colouring Daisy-shaped cutters Silver cachous (silver balls) 25-28cm-tall doll, torso only
|1||Cake, pick your favourite (Main)|
|1 to dust||Cornflour|
|750 g||White fondant icing|
|1 to decorate||Red food colouring|
|1 to decorate||Silver balls|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Make cake recipe and bake in a deep, spherical, bombe-shaped cake tin (deep, bowl-shaped, metal jelly moulds also work well). Place cold cake on a cake board or large flat plate or tray.
- On a surface lightly dusted with cornflour, knead fondant icing until smooth. Reserve a small amount of white icing for decoration, then knead red colouring into icing a few drops at a time until the icing turns pale pink.
- Roll out pink icing to 5mm thick, lift icing over cake and mould to cover smoothly. Trim and remove excess from base. Use trimmings (add a little more red colouring) and the white icing you reserved in step 2 to make cut-out daisies for decoration. Attach daisies by sticking on to cake with a little water. Press in silver cachous for daisy centres.
- Use a strip of remaining icing to cover the doll's chest and form the top of the dress. Press the base of the doll into the top of the cake (glue into place with a little royal icing, if necessary).
- Add other decorations, such as some piped royal-icing edging, a piped necklace, pink trim or a waist sash, as desired.
You will need 1 doll with legs removed.