Believe it or not, it’s easy to make healthy and fresh American dishes, that are also quick to prepare.
|4||Pork sausages, free-range (Main)|
|4||Buns, hot dog style (Main)|
|4||Gerkin, sweet and sour, sliced lenghtways|
|1 cup||Rocket leaves|
|½ ||Fennel bulbs, sliced thin and soaked in water with half the juice of a lemon|
|2||Eggs, soft boiled for five minutes|
|1||Lemon, freshly juiced|
|1 Tbsp||Dijon mustard|
|4 Tbsp||Vegetable stock|
|200 ml||Grapeseed oil|
|1 pinch||White pepper|
- Place the soft-boiled eggs, mustard and vegetable stock in a food processor.
- Blend for 30 seconds, then very slowly add the grapeseed oil until an emulsion forms. Season.
- To assemble, in a frying pan, grill the sausage over a medium-high heat until cooked through and brown on the outside.
- Heat the buns and split lengthways. Spoon in a little of the mustard emulsion, followed by the sausage.
- In a separate bowl, add the gherkin, rocket, fennel and a little of the emulsion.
- Place over top of the sausage and serve.