I’ve enriched this skordalia with a splash of pomegranate molasses. If you want an even lighter option, mix the pomegranate molasses with some yoghurt and garlic.
|4 slices||White bread, Crusts removed|
|4||Garlic cloves, finely chopped|
|1 Tbsp||Pomegranate molasses|
|60 ml||Olive oil, up to 75ml (not extra-virgin)|
|1 to taste||Sea salt|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Soak the bread in cold water, until saturated, then squeeze out excess water.
- Crush the garlic with the sea salt in a pestle and mortar until smooth.
- Place the garlic, bread and vinegar in a food processor.
- Blend until smooth and add the pomegranate molasses, then slowly add the oil with the motor still running.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper, cover and refrigerate until required.