|3 Tbsp||Brown sugar|
|400 g||Pineapples, rings (Main)|
|25 g||Butter, melted|
|100 g||Butter, softened|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|1||Lemon, zest and juice|
|2 tsp||Coconut essence|
|1 cup||Self raising flour|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat oven to 160C fan bake. Grease a 20cm ring cake tin. Sprinkle brown sugar over the base of the tin and drizzle with the melted butter.
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup of the juice. Cut pineapple rings in half and neatly arrange to cover the base of the tin.
- Place the second measure of butter and the caster sugar in a bowl and beat until pale and creamy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in lemon zest and coconut essence, then fold in sifted flour alternately with the reserved pineapple juice.
- Spoon this mixture over the pineapple, then smooth the surface. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the tin for 10 minutes before carefully inverting on to a plate to leave the pineapple topping intact.