|2 cups||Caster sugar|
|1 ½ cups||Vegetable oil, such as canola or rice bran oil|
|⅔ cup||Walnuts, chopped|
|2 ½ cups||Carrots, grated, about 2 large carrots (Main)|
|1 cup||Canned crushed pineapple, with juice (Main)|
|1 ½ tsp||Baking powder|
|2 tsp||Baking soda|
|½ cup||Icing sugar|
|250 g||Cream cheese (Main)|
|1||Lemon, finely grated zest and juice|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat oven to 160C fan bake. Grease 2x20cm cake tins.
- Place eggs, sugar and oil in a bowl and beat until combined and pale.
- Stir in carrot, walnuts and pineapple.
- Sift dry ingredients together and stir into wet mixture to combine.
- Divide mixture between the prepared cake tins. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool cakes in baking tins, then turn out and sandwich together with filling.
- To make filling, beat all the ingredients together in a bowl until creamy.