There are myriad recipes for lemon tart. They're all fairly much the same, but with subtle differences. To read more about lemon tarts from Peter Gordon, go to Kitchen Tips: Ask Peter.
|6||Lemons, zested (Main)|
|8||Eggs, 5 whole and 3 extra yolks|
|¼ tsp||Vanilla extract|
|170 g||Caster sugar|
|260 ml||Cream, look for a good rich one|
|260 ml||Lemon juice (Main)|
|2||Sweet pastry sheet|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Whisk the finely grated lemon zest with eggs, egg yolks, vanilla extract and caster sugar till foamy, but not fluffy.
- Gently whisk in cream (look for a good rich one) then gently whisk in lemon juice.
- The tart case is always blind baked at 170-180C and should be golden before you add the filling.
- The filling is carefully ladled in, any bubbles that have formed from whisking it carefully scooped off. Bake at anywhere between 110-140C.
- The lower the temperature, the longer it needs to be cooked.
- If you warm the cream when whisking into the eggs, lemon zest and sugar, it'll speed up cooking.