This salad is quick to prepare - it will be ready in 10 minutes. Use romaine lettuce if watercress is not readily available.
|8 handfuls||Watercress, or sliced romaine lettuce (Main)|
|1||Pear, ripe, peeled, cored and sliced (Main)|
|3 Tbsp||Pine nuts, toasted or 1/4 cup croutons|
|½ ||Pomegranate seeds (Main)|
|1 to taste||Cracked pepper|
|¼ cup||White wine vinegar, or Champagne vinegar|
|1 tsp||Dijon mustard, mild|
|½ tsp||Crushed garlic|
|1 Tbsp||Lemon juice|
|¼ tsp||Cracked black pepper|
|2 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
- Put watercress or romaine lettuce in a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle the sliced pear on top.
- In a jar, add all the dressing ingredients except the olive oil. Mix well, then drizzle in the olive oil. Refrigerate until needed.
- Drizzle with half of the dressing. Top with pomegranate seeds, pine nuts and croutons if using.
- Season with pepper and honey.