The ginger really gives a 'kick' to this sweet cupcake recipe
|½ cup||Brown sugar|
|2||Pears, firm (Main)|
|1 ½ cups||Self raising flour|
|2 tsp||Ground ginger|
|2 Tbsp||Brown sugar|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Beat butter and ½ cup of brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Peel pears and remove cores, set aside half a pear and roughly chop the rest of the fruit.
- Mix the chopped pear into the butter and brown sugar. Stir in the flour, ginger and milk and gently mix.
- Place spoonfuls of mixture into 12 cupcake cases.
- Slice the remaining half pear and place slices on top of each cupcake.
- Sprinkle with the 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and bake for 15 minutes.