|2 cups||Potatoes, Jersey Benne variety, scrubbed (Main)|
|75 g||Unsalted butter, chilled, cut into 1cm cubes|
|40 ml||Olive oil|
|2||Tarakihi fillets, 180-200g each, preferably with skin on (Main)|
|¼ cup||Chives, finely chopped|
|1||Lemon, cut into wedges, optional|
|1 to serve||Salad greens|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Place potatoes in a small pot. Cover with cold water and simmer until tender. Remove from heat and leave potatoes in their cooking water to keep warm.
- Place a tablespoon of water into a small pot and bring to the boil. Turn off the heat and whisk in butter, a couple of cubes at a time. (The heat remaining in the pot will allow you to be able to emulsify the butter into a sauce without it splitting.) Place sauce to one side.
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy based frying pan over a high heat. Lightly season terakihi and cook, skin-side down, for 3 to 4 minutes until skin is nicely coloured and fish is two-thirds cooked through. Turn fish over and cook for a further minute before turning off the heat and resting in the pan for a further 2 minutes.
- Drain potatoes well and divide between 2 bowls. Stir chives into the butter sauce and spoon half of the sauce over the potatoes.
- Place fish on top of the potatoes and finish with remaining chive butter and a wedge of lemon, if desired. Serve immediately with a side of salad greens.