If a traditional Christmas pudding isn’t quite your thing and you feel like something light and easy to prepare ahead of time, this tiramasu-with-a-twist is divine. The mascarpone is so decadent and creamy, while adding Kahlua or rum is optional. Beautiful to look at, these desserts will bring a delicious sweet touch to the evening.
|2 Tbsp||Coffee, very strong|
|200 g||Mascarpone (Main)|
|3 slices||Panettone, thick (Main)|
|3 Tbsp||Chocolate, chopped, I used Lindt salted caramel|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Beat the egg yolk and half the sugar until light and creamy. Add the coffee and beat, then the mascarpone and beat until smooth.
- In a clean bowl whisk the egg white until stiff. Add the remaining sugar and beat through. Fold the mixture gently into the coffee mix.
- Cut the panettone into pieces.
- Into the base of 6 glasses place a spoon of mascarpone mix, followed by panettone. Continue the layers and finish with mascarpone. Cover and put in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle over some chocolate bits before serving.