The oven provides a different way to create a delicious risotto. This recipe is also vegetarian friendly, should you have any special dietary needs.
|1||Onion, finely chopped|
|300 g||Button mushrooms, thickly sliced (Main)|
|300 g||Risotto rice (Main)|
|3 ½ cups||Vegetable stock|
|¾ cup||Dry white wine|
|2 Tbsp||Flat leaf (Italian) parsley, chopped|
|4 Tbsp||Parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra shavings to serve|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Melt half the butter in a large, heavy-based pan over a low heat. Cook the onion for 5 minutes, then increase the heat and stir in the mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes until tender.
- Stir in rice, coating it well with the butter. Cook for 2 minutes, then add wine and stock.
- Bring to the boil, then transfer to a ceramic oven dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until rice is tender and most of the stock has been absorbed.
- Breaking up rice with a fork, add grated parmesan and remaining butter.
- Bake for a further 5 minutes. Leave to stand for 5 minutes, then stir in parsley.
- Serve scattered with parmesan.