This is full-flavoured, delicious comfort food all in one bowl. If you can’t find exotic mushrooms, then you can use button mushrooms.
|5 cups||Chicken stock|
|¼ tsp||Chilli flakes, adjust to taste|
|100 g||Mushrooms, exotic mix (oyester, shiitake, wood ear, honeycomb)|
|¼ cup||Soy sauce|
|12||Pork, balls, store bought (Main)|
|250 g||Broccoli, Chinese, cut into 4cm lengths|
|2 Tbsp||Spring onions, chopped|
|400 g||Udon noodles (Main)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Boil chicken stock, water, chilli and lime seasoning and chilli flakes for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, soy sauce, sugar and pork balls.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Blanch the broccoli and set aside, then cook the noodles according to packet directions and set aside. Remove pork balls from stock and also set aside.
- Reheat stock for 2 minutes and add broccoli and spring onions.
- Divide the cooked noodles into 4 bowls. Ladle hot stock over the noodles and place 3 warm pork balls into each bowl. Serve.