|¾ cup||Milk, warm|
|1 tsp||Yeast, Surebake (Main)|
|¼ cup||Plain unsweetened yoghurt|
|25 g||Butter, melted, and some extra melted butter for brushing (optional)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Mix Surebake yeast with warm milk and sugar. Leave for 5-10 mins until frothy.
- Place flour and salt in a bowl, then make a well in the centre. Pour in milk, yoghurt and melted butter. Mix well, then knead for 5 minutes into a dough that is soft.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 5-8 minutes, until it is smooth and elastic.
- Transfer the dough into an oiled bowl and cover it with cling film (oiled) or a tea towel.
- Allow the dough to double in size by leaving it in the bowl and placing the bowl somewhere warm and draught-free. This will take about 45-60mins.
- Punch the dough and knead it down. Divide it into 5-6 balls. Keep any dough that you're not working on in the bowl and covered to prevent them from drying out.
- Take a dough ball and roll it out so it forms a tear-drop shape.
- Preheat your oven to 250C with the oven tray in it. Once it reaches temperature, place the rolled out dough on the tray and allow it to grill for 3-4 mins. It will puff up and start to brown. If need be, place it closer to the grill to get more charred bits on the naan.
- Keep the finished naan bread warm by placing it in a towel while you finish making the rest of them.