A fun tip for these biscuits, is to use the cookie cutters of your choice.
|300 g||Butter, chopped (Main)|
|1 cup||Caster sugar|
|3 Tbsp||Cocoa powder|
|3 cups||Flour (Main)|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|3 cups||Icing sugar|
|1 splash||Water, hot|
|1 to decorate||Silver balls|
|1 to decorate||Chocolate hail|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Place butter, sugar, flour and cocoa in a food processor and pulse until mixture resembles crumbs. Add vanilla and pulse until mixture comes together.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and quickly knead. Wrap it in plastic cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Roll dough out into a large rectangle approximately 3mm thick. Cut out monkey shapes using a medium-sized gingerbread person cookie cutter.
- Place shapes on a cold baking tray and bake for 10 minutes until brown and firm. Place shapes on a wire rack to cool.
- Mix together icing sugar, cocoa, butter and enough hot water to make a firm icing. Spread a thin layer over each monkey. Place silver balls for eyes and then sprinkle with chocolate hail.