|250 g||Dark chocolate, at least 72% cocoa solids (Main)|
|250 g||Butter, plus extra for the moulds|
|2 Tbsp||Cocoa powder|
|1 to dust||Icing sugar|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Using an electric beater, whisk the eggs and yolks with the sugar until thick and pale.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a double-boiler or in a stainless steel bowl over a saucepan of boiling water, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Fold the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until combined and of an even consistency.
- Sift the flour over the mix and fold in until completely incorporated with no lumps.
- Transfer the mixture to a piping bag and place in the refrigerator until firm.
- Butter 6 dariole moulds, lightly dust with cocoa powder and place on a tray or baking paper.
- Once the mixture is firm, pipe into the moulds, then refrigerate until set.
- Preheat the oven to 185C. Place the chocolate puddings on an oven tray and bake for 16 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and, very importantly, allow them to stand for 3 minutes before turning them out, to avoid cracking.Turn out the puddings onto individual plates and dust with icing sugar.
Tip: Use empty 210g baked bean cans with the top and bottom removed if you don't have any dariole moulds.