The ginger and lemon adds a refreshing touch to this classic cake.
|1 cup||Golden syrup|
|1 tsp||Ground ginger (Main)|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 tsp||Baking soda|
|2 cups||Icing sugar|
|2 Tbsp||Lemon juice (Main)|
|¼ cup||Crystallised ginger, chopped|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC. Beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add golden syrup and mix well, then add milk, alternating with combined dry ingredients.
- Pour into a lined 22cm cake pan and bake for 50 minutes or until cake is cooked.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a cake rack.
- Combine icing sugar, lemon juice and a little water to make a spreadable icing.
- Once cake is cool, ice, then sprinkle with chopped ginger.