We first sampled these divine wraps at Main Course cooking school in Auckland – and we begged them for the recipe!
|60 g||White miso paste|
|640 g||Beef fillets (Main)|
|2 Tbsp||Caster sugar|
|2 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|200 g||Mushrooms, mixed|
|2 Tbsp||Toasted sesame seeds|
|50 ml||Soy sauce|
|6||Flat bread wraps, choose wholemeal wraps|
|150 g||Baby spinach|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Flame the sake in a hot pan. Reduce the heat, add miso and sugar. Stir until fully dissolved and leave to cool. Preheat the oven to 200 degC.
- Brush the sake/miso mix all over the beef. In a hot pan, sear the beef on all sides before roasting for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, cover and rest for 20 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the mushrooms and stir for 5 minutes. Turn the heat off. Add sesame seeds and soy sauce. Mix well and sit to cool.
- To assemble: Lay wrap out on a flat board, spread with 1 tbsp of mayonnaise wrap. Place the filling across the wrap in rows starting closest to you. First the spinach leaves, then 4 slices of beef and 1 tbsp of mushrooms.
- Roll it up as you would make a sushi roll. Cut on the diagonal.
Cook's tip:The beef is expensive so these wraps are a special treat. Always start with your meat at room temperature and rest it after cooking.