|6||Pork sausages (Main)|
|1 cup||Maize flour, sifted|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Twist sausages in half to make 12, then gently boil to pre-cook them. Cool and remove their skins.
- Sift fine maize flour with flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Add salt,sugar, the zest of a lemon and mix.
- Beat egg and buttermilk together until smooth.
- Add to the flour and whisk to a thick batter (add a little milk if necessary to get a pouring consistency).
- Pour into a screwtop jar and rest in the fridge.
- Stick the sausages with skewers.
- Shake the batter in the jar and dip each sausage so they're well coated.
- Deep fry until golden.