This is an easy way to add a taste sensation to the humble mussel. Use artistic flair by garnishing with parsley and arranging on a platter and your creation will look like something out of a cookbook.
|8||Large ripe tomatoes, or use canned tomatoes|
|1 to taste||Basil leaves|
|1||Onion, small, finely diced|
|1 Tbsp||Garlic, crushed|
|1 to taste||Cream|
|1 to garnish||Fresh parsley|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat pot with olive oil and sweat off the finely diced onion until soft (not browned).
- Add garlic and tomatoes, lower heat and cook with lid on.
- Once the tomatoes have broken down, add the chopped basil and thicken with cream.
- Put mussels in, steam open and remove half the shell.
- Arrange on a high-sided platter, cover with sauce and add parsley. Serve.