These make a great alternative to pastry – and you can fill them with simple or gourmet ingredients.
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|4||Wraps, large, plain or flavoured (Main)|
|1 cup||Ham, or a mixed, (bacon, smoked chicken, etc)|
|½ tsp||Sea salt|
|½ cup||Mozzarella cheese, grated|
|1 to serve||Microgreens, or herbs|
|3 to serve||Cherry tomatoes|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cut three circles (use a saucer or cutter) from each wrap and press into a medium muffin tin to make a nest that comes up the sides.
- Heat the oil in a small pan and saute the onion and ham for 3-4 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Divide the cheese between the nests and top with a spoonful of onion and ham mixture.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream and salt and pour over wrap filling (about ¾ full).
- Bake for 12-18 minutes until golden, puffed and set in the middle.
- Serve garnished with halved cherry tomatoes and microgreens or herbs.