You will need: One medium-sized round cake (cake recipe) One smaller round cake Chocolate butter cream (icing recipes) Ready-to-roll icing coloured yellow, brown, white and black Chocolate Flake bars
- Make the beak from yellow icing shaped like a long skinny parsnip. Make the feet from two balls of yellow icing flattened slightly into tear drops. Divide the broad ends into three, shaping each toe with your fingers.
- Dust the bench with icing sugar and roll out enough brown icing to cover the top of the smaller cake. At the same time cut three small discs, two for eyes and one to cut in half for eyelids.
- To assemble the eyes, cut white icing into two larger discs and black icing into two smaller discs. Place a black disc on top of a brown on top of a white and finish with the eyelids, using a little water to hold the pieces in place.
- Sandwich the smaller cake on top of the larger with butter cream and cover both with more butter cream.
- Cover the top of the smaller cake with the rolled brown icing to make the face.
- Break up the chocolate Flake bars and use them to cover all the butter cream on both cakes.
- Pipe a border of butter cream around the edge of the face.
- Attach the feet to the front of the cake with a little butter cream. Attach the eyes with a little water. Position the beak on top of the cake between the eyes and the feet.