|250 g||Sweet pastry sheet|
|12||Eggs, size 7, room temperature|
|6||Lemons, juice of all, zest of 3 (Main)|
|¼ cup||Caster sugar|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Pre-heat oven to 165 degC. Line benchtop with cling film, dust with flour, place pastry on it, dust with flour and cover with second sheet of film. Roll dough into 3mm-thick circle. Remove top sheet of cling film and invert with bottom sheet attached into tin.
- With cling film on, cover with baking beans and bake blind for 15 mins. Remove cling film and beans, return to oven for 5 mins to cook the bottom.
- Brush inside of tart base with lightly beaten egg white to seal any holes.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the eggs and sugar. Whisk in lemon zest and juice.
- Whisk in cream. Pour this filling onto the baked tart base and bake for an hour until almost set in centre.
- Cool in tin for 30 mins. Cut into portions, dust with caster sugar and caramelise with a blowtorch.